Thursday, August 19, 2010

Guest Blog by Mauri Knott FDPA Parent and Board Member

Why my daughters dance...
Doesn't every little girl dream of being a ballerina, tap dancer, or performer? I know I did and know my stepdaughter (8) and my daughter (4) do. What is it about dance that draws us in? At my daughters ages I believe it is the magic of dance. The gracefulness and beauty of ones body in motion, the thrill of donning their leotards and performing, and in their own words the "fun".

I on the other hand have very different reasons why my daughters dance. I can see past the pink tutus and polish and know that they are gaining a sense of belonging and accomplishment, a trusted relationship with a caring adult, self confidence and presence and composure, and a healthy but beautiful outlet for their energy.

Whatever the reason maybe I encourage you to give your daughters the great opportunity to DANCE!

No comments: