Friday, August 27, 2010
At 1:00 Karissa Jacobs will teach a Kinderdance/Movement/Creative class that is especially for the young dancer age 4-7. At 2:00, Shannon Dake will teach a fun, active Jazz/Hip Hop class for ages 7 and up. And yes - it's all completely free- no pre-registration necessary.
This is a great time to come meet our newest faculty members and enroll for your fall dance classes. We'll be happy to answer any questions about class placement, dress code, etc.
Have a great day dancing!
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Doesn't every little girl dream of being a ballerina, tap dancer, or performer? I know I did and know my stepdaughter (8) and my daughter (4) do. What is it about dance that draws us in? At my daughters ages I believe it is the magic of dance. The gracefulness and beauty of ones body in motion, the thrill of donning their leotards and performing, and in their own words the "fun".
I on the other hand have very different reasons why my daughters dance. I can see past the pink tutus and polish and know that they are gaining a sense of belonging and accomplishment, a trusted relationship with a caring adult, self confidence and presence and composure, and a healthy but beautiful outlet for their energy.
Whatever the reason maybe I encourage you to give your daughters the great opportunity to DANCE!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Tickets are $14-$25 from Festival Dance or 800-325-7328
Video: Jayanthi Raman Dance Company
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Fall dance classes are about to begin!
· Limited class sizes for personalized instruction
· Emphasis on technique and dance skill sets
· Outstanding professionally trained instructors
· Resident dance studio at the University of Idaho
· Classes in: Moscow, Troy, Lewiston, Genesee, Lapwai, Orofino
· Youth Outreach programs in Latah County & North Idaho
· Recipient of state and national grants
· Member of local and national arts organizations
· Exciting performance opportunities!
Go to our website to download all studio schedules and registration forms! Classes start September 7th!