Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Festival Dance has a New Intern!

My name is Kaylee Suto and I am interning with Festival Dance for Spring 2011. I am a student at the University of Idaho majoring in Public Relations with a minor in dance. I am so excited to be a part of this fantastic organization that provides so much to the community.

I am a huge fan of the arts, especially dance. I began dancing at the age of 12 at a local studio in my hometown of Sandpoint, Idaho. It was through the school's middle school and high school dance teams that drove my love for the artistic and competitive aspects of dance. I was able to use my talent in the Junior Miss Scholarship Program where I won the 2007 Sandpoint Junior Miss title and choreographed the following year's program. In high school I also enjoyed teaching a young girls dance class with a friend. As I moved into my college dance career I have been able to encounter many growing experiences with dance through the University. I was a member of the University's dance team for two years, and have been involved with Dancers, Drummers, and Dreamers within the dance program. I have also auditioned for the television show So You Think You Can Dance  and in just about one month I will be auditioning for Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship dancer productions. As you can see, dance is a  huge part of my life!

It is an amazing opportunity I have with Festival Dance to incorporate my love of dance with my career choice. If you are ever passing through the PEB please stop by the Festival Dance office in Room 203, I would love to say Hi!

1 comment:

Cindy Barnhart, Director, Festival Dance said...

Yay! Thanks for the great post, Kaylee. We're happy to have you.